- Microsoft releases update KB5020030 as a preview for Windows 10 22H2.
- The update bumps the version number to build 19045.2311.
- The update KB5020030 introduces non-security fixes and improvements.
- The update was previously available as build 19045.2301 in the Release Preview Channel.
Microsoft is rolling out the update KB5020030 as a preview for the next update of Windows 10 22H2 in the Stable Channel. The update is rolling out in the Release Preview Channel with non-security fixes and changes.
According to the company’s announcement (previously available only in the Release Preview Channel), the update KB5020030 bumps the version number to build 19045.2311 and adds the Quick Assist app for client devices. Also, by default, the search box now appears in the Taskbar when it’s at the top of the screen or using the small button mode. In addition, this flight addresses issues with virtualization, Microsoft Store, Direct3D 9, and more.
Windows 10 update KB5020030
These are the fixes and improvements coming to the next update of Windows 10:
- Provided the Quick Assist application for your client device.
- The search box now appears, by default, on the taskbar when the taskbar is at the top of your screen or when you turn on small taskbar button mode. You can use the search box to discover information and search your PC and the web directly from your taskbar.
- Fixed an issue that affected some devices that are managed by an enterprise. We improved the reliability of app installations for them.
- Fixed an issue that affected cluster name objects (CNO) or virtual computer objects (VCO). Password reset failed. The error message was, ” There was an error resetting the AD password… // 0x80070005”.
- Fixed some persistent update failures for the Microsoft Store.
- Fixed an issue that affected Microsoft Direct3D 9 (D3D9). It caused D3D9 to stop working when you used Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Fixed an issue that affected certain printers. The print outputs were misaligned.
- Fixed an issue that might have affected applications that run on the Windows Lock Down Policy (WLDP). They might have stopped working.
- Fixed an issue that affected Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Automated investigation blocked live response investigations.
Download update KB5020030 for Windows 10
The update is available immediately and will download and install automatically through the Release Preview or Stable Channel. However, you can always force the update from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, click the Check for updates button, and use the option to install the optional update.