- Microsoft releases update KB5022282 for Windows 10 22H2, 21H2, 21H1, and 20H2.
- The update bumps the version number to build 19045.2486.
- The update KB5022282 introduces security fixes and improvements.
Microsoft is making available the update KB5022282 for Windows 10 22H2 and older versions like 21H2, 21H1, and 20H2 with security fixes and improvements.
According to the company’s announcement, the update KB5022282 bumps the version number to build 19042.2486 (20H2), 19043.2486 (21H1), 19044.2486 (21H2), and 19045.2486 (22H2) and addresses issues that affect the Local Session Manager (LSM), apps that use Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) SQL Server Driver (sqlsrv32.dll) to connect to databases, and problems with startup on some Windows devices. (These are the same fixes you will find in the update for Windows 11 21H2.)
Windows 10 update KB5022282
These are the fixes and improvements coming to the next update of Windows 10:
- This update addresses issues that affect the Local Session Manager (LSM). These issues might allow users who do not have admin rights to perform actions that only an admin can.
- This update addresses a known issue that affects apps that use Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) SQL Server Driver (sqlsrv32.dll) to connect to databases. The connection might fail. You might also receive an error in the app, or you might receive an error from the SQL Server.
- This update addresses a known issue that might affect startup on some Windows devices. They might receive an error (0xc000021a) and have a blue screen.
Older versions of Windows 10
The company is also rolling out the update KB5022286 for version 1809, bumping the build number to 17763.3887, and it includes fixes for security issues and provides the Quick Assist application for your client device.
Furthermore, Windows 10 1607 received the update KB5022289 that bumps the version to build 14393.5648, and it addresses several problems. Finally, Windows 10 1507 is getting the update KB5022297 which increases the version to build 10240.19685 and addresses one security issue.
Download update KB5022282 for Windows 10
The update is available immediately and will download and install automatically through the Release Preview or Stable Channel. However, you can always force the update from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, click the Check for updates button, and use the option to install the optional update.