Microsoft has made available a new firmware update for its new Surface Pro X tablet running the custom Qualcomm ARM processor known as the Microsoft SQ1.
The April 2020 update is available for Windows 10 version 1909 down to version 1809, and according to the company, brings system stability improvements and enhancements for the Microsoft Teams app.
Surface Pro X April 2020 update
The following improvements are available for Surface Pro X:
- Qualcomm Adreno 680 GPU: 26.18.0901.8000 improves the Teams app experience.
- Qualcomm Bluetooth UART Transport Driver: 1.0.830.0 improves BT connection reliability.
- Qualcomm Bus Device: 1.0.1000.0000 improves system stability.
- Qualcomm Hexagon 690 DSP: 1.0.1020.1000 improves system stability.
- Qualcomm Spectra 390 ISP: 1.0.900.0 improves system stability while using the camera.
- Qualcomm System Manager Device: 1.0.820.0 improves system stability.
- Qualcomm Wi-Fi B/G/N/AC (2×2) Svc: 1.0.860.0 improves connection reliability.
- Surface Camera AVStream Mini Driver: 1.0.900.1 improves system stability while using the camera.
- Surface Hid Mini Driver: 184.108.40.206 improves system stability.
- Surface Integration Driver: 220.127.116.11 improves adaptive brightness.
- Surface Light Sensor: 18.104.22.168 improves adaptive brightness.
- Surface Radio Monitor: 22.214.171.124 improves connectivity performance in the tablet mode.
- Surface UEFI: 3.462.140.0 improves system stability.
The update should download and install automatically, but if you have not received it, then you get it from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and try to force the download manually.
The Surface Pro X starts at cost $899.99, and it’s available now at the Microsoft Store.