Quick look at the new Cortana and logon screen features found Windows 10 "Redstone" (build 14279) for PC.
Microsoft released Windows 10 build 14279 to the Fast ring of updates for PC. The new preview part of the Redstone update includes a number of improvements and changes on Cortana, and the company is also introducing new tweaks in the Lock and Logon screens.
In addition, build 14279 brings several new fixes on Microsoft Edge, desktop, and driver crashes that was causing blue screen on certain devices. The new Insider preview ships with a few known issues on Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4, and problems with Kaspersky antivirus, and a number of other issues.
Here’s the list with all the changes for the new build:
- Cortana now brings support for additional languages, including Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese (Brazil) and French (Canada)
- Users can now create Cortana reminders without having to specify date, time, or location.
- Microsoft introduces new logon screen. Now the logon screen has the same image as the Lock screen.
- Spotlight currently doesn’t show a background in the logon screen.
- Messaging + Skype on Windows 10 now syncs messaging history on both PC and mobile.
- Photo app includes new Sway integration.
- Xbox app for Windows 10 brings a few new features, including a Gamerscore Leaderboard and an updated ‘Featured’ section.
- Fixed issue where Microsoft Edge and Cortana were crashing for users with roaming profiles.
- Fixed issue where Cortana would continue to show reminders that have been completed.
- Fixed issue where items copied/moved to the desktop would not display until the desktop is manually refreshed.
- Fixed an issue where downloading certain drivers from Windows Update was causing some PCs to blue screen.
- Surface Book, Surface Pro 4, and Surface Pro 3 owners may experience freezes or hangs or all input like keyboard, trackpad and touch won’t work.
- PCs will freeze or blue screen when resuming from hibernation. Workaround: Disable hibernation.
- Kaspersky antivirus software won’t work due to a driver bug.
- Turning on the “always show all icons in the notification area” setting disrupts the layout of the notification area.
- An issue is causing app like QQ, Windows Live Mail, and Expression Encoder 4 to crash due to OS reliability issues
- Improved performance for Japanese IME
The YouTube video that I’m adding to the Pureinfotech channel highlights all the changes and other details for latest Windows 10 Insider Preview build.
What do you think about the changes included in the new preview of Windows 10 Redstone? Tell us in the comments below.