- Windows 10 build 21370 is now available in the Dev Channel.
- This update brings AAC support over Bluetooth and better UI to connect headsets and mics.
- Also, the flight introduces tweaks for the touch keyboard and File Explorer.
Build 21370 for Windows 10 is now rolling out for devices enrolled in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Program. This is preview number 72 that Microsoft is making available to testers, and it is a minor update with new features and improvements.
According to the announcement, Windows 10 build 21370 finally introduces Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) support over Bluetooth. Thanks to this lossy codec addition, users will be able to choose from a broader range of Bluetooth headphones and speakers for better audio listening.
Microsoft is also making changes to unify the audio endpoint to make it easier to set up headphones and microphones. Starting with this flight, Windows 10 will only offer one option in the user interface, and the system will switch to the correct peripheral automatically. Furthermore, you will be able to control volume directly from the headset.
In addition to the Bluetooth improvements, build 21370 also brings some other more minor tweaks. For example, the File Explorer icon received some small adjustments. You will notice that the launch animation for the touch keyboard looks smoother. Also, when focusing the mouse in the Run dialog, the touch keyboard will now show a backslash key.
Build 21370 known issues
If you plan to install this flight, Microsoft is warning about several known issues:
- Update process hanging for extended periods when attempting to install a new build.
- Search elements (including the search box in File Explorer) do not display correctly when you use the dark theme.
- Windows Camera App does not respect the default brightness setting set in the new Camera Settings page.
- WSL and File Explorer are having performance issues.
- Some instances of WSL will fail to launch with the “The parameter is incorrect” message.
Download build 21370
The build 21370 preview is available immediately through the Dev Channel, and it will install automatically. However, you can always get it manually from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.
You can learn more about all the changes available in the current development process of Windows 10 in this guide.