- Windows 11 build 25115 rolls out with new changes in the Dev Channel.
- The preview introduces a Suggested Actions feature.
- It also brings a bunch of changes, improvements, and fixes.
Microsoft kicks off the development for the next version of Windows 11 with build 25115. This minor update brings new features, improvements, and changes that may or may not arrive in the next feature update.
Windows 11 build 25115, according to the official changes, introduces “Suggested Actions,” a new feature that brings up inline Suggested to create a calendar event or make a phone call when copying a date, time, or phone number.
If you copied a phone number, the inline flyout would suggest making the call with Microsoft Teams or other apps available on the computer.
Coping a date or time will suggest creating a calendar event, and when you choose the app, an event will be created with all the information already filled in.
Build 25115 for Windows 11 changes and fixes
In addition, build 25115 introduces a new icon for the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) and rolls out a bunch of fixes for the Taskbar, File Explorer, Settings, Task Manager, and more.
- Fixed an issue related to loading the system tray icons in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar which could cause Settings to crash when opening that page recently. This issue may have also led to some explorer.exe crashes for impacted Insiders.
- Fixed an issue leading to Insiders seeing error 0x800703E6 when copying files from Google Drive.
- We made another change to help improve the performance of loading Home.
- Fixed an issue where if you had ever opened the context menu, doing CTRL + ALT + DEL and canceling would lead to explorer.exe crashing.
- Fixed a sporadic explorer.exe crash when closing File Explorer windows.
- Fixed an issue where if Settings is suspended, it could lock up explorer.exe in certain cases.
- Improved how Narrator reads out remaining space available in System > Storage.
- Fixed some issues related to access key use in Task Manager, including that you couldn’t directly press ALT + without first releasing the ALT key and that displaying the access keys wouldn’t work after using and dismissing them.
- If the CPU reaches 100%, the CPU column header should no longer unexpectedly become unreadable in dark mode.
- Fixed an issue that could result in Smart App Control unexpectedly blocking correctly signed applications.
- Addressed an issue that was leading to Memory Integrity unexpectedly getting turned off in some cases after rebooting.
- Fixed an issue causing the Update Stack Package to show install error 0xc4800010.
- Updated the underlying speech platform to improve voice activity detection for voice access, live captions, and voice typing and address some issues with how punctuation is recognized.
In addition to the fixes, the company also highlights several known issues that you should know about upgrading to this build, including problems with Live Captions and Easy Anti-Cheat may crash or cause your PC to bugcheck.
Install Windows 11 build 25115
If you want to download and install the Windows 11 build 25115, you need to enroll your device in the Dev Channel using the “Windows Insider Program” settings from the “Update & Security” section.
Once you enroll the computer in the program, you can download build 25115 from the “Windows Update” settings by clicking the Check for Updates button. However, you will need a device that meets the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program.