- Microsoft releases update KB5021233 for Windows 10 22H2, 21H2, 21H1, and 20H2.
- The update bumps the version number to build 19045.2364.
- The update KB5021233 introduces security fixes and improvements.
Microsoft is rolling out the update KB5021233 for Windows 10 22H2 and older versions like 21H2, 21H1, and 20H2 with security fixes and improvements.
According to the company’s announcement, the update KB5021233 bumps the version number to build 19042.2364 (20H2), 19043.2364 (21H1), 19044.2364 (21H2), and 19045.2364 (22H2) and introduces security fixes and change previously available with the preview update KB5020030 released November 15. Some of the improvements include adding the Quick Assist app for client devices. Also, by default, the search box appears in the Taskbar when it’s at the top of the screen or using the small button mode. In addition, this flight addresses issues with virtualization, Microsoft Store, Direct3D 9, and more.
Windows 10 update KB5021233
These are the fixes and improvements coming to the next update of Windows 10:
- Provided the Quick Assist application for your client device.
- The search box now appears, by default, on the taskbar when the taskbar is at the top of your screen or when you turn on small taskbar button mode. You can use the search box to discover information and search your PC and the web directly from your taskbar.
- Fixed an issue that affected some devices that are managed by an enterprise. We improved the reliability of app installations for them.
- Fixed an issue that affected cluster name objects (CNO) or virtual computer objects (VCO). Password reset failed. The error message was, ” There was an error resetting the AD password… // 0x80070005”.
- Fixed some persistent update failures for the Microsoft Store.
- Fixed an issue that affected Microsoft Direct3D 9 (D3D9). It caused D3D9 to stop working when you used Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Fixed an issue that affected certain printers. The print outputs were misaligned.
- Fixed an issue that might have affected applications that run on the Windows Lock Down Policy (WLDP). They might have stopped working.
- Fixed an issue that affected Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Automated investigation blocked live response investigations.
Older versions of Windows 10
The company is also rolling out the update KB5021237 for version 1809, bumping the build number to 17763.3770, and it includes fixes for security issues.
Furthermore, Windows 10 1607 received the update KB5021235 that bumps the version to build 14393.5582, and it addresses several problems. Finally, Windows 10 1507 is getting the update KB5021243 which increases the version to build 10240.19624 and addresses several issues.
Download update KB5021233 for Windows 10
The update is available immediately and will download and install automatically through the Release Preview or Stable Channel. However, you can always force the update from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, click the Check for updates button, and use the option to install the optional update.