- Windows 11 22H2 receives build 22621.1465 and 22624.1465 (KB5023775) in the Beta Channel.
- This update rolls out new Live Captions, Touch Keyboards, and Chinese IME improvements.
- Also, it includes various fixes and changes for the operating system.
Microsoft releases Windows 11 build 22624.1465 (KB5023775) with new features enabled by default and the preview build 22621.1465 (KB5023775) with features turned off by default for computers enrolled in the Beta Channel.
Build 22624.1465 and 22621.1465 for Windows 11, according to the official changes, the update expands Live Captions to more languages, brings new updates for the Touch Keyboards settings, and shows cloud suggestions Simplified Chinese IME. Also, this update introduces Kiosk Mode with the ability to set up multiple apps.
Only for build 22624.1465, the System Tray now includes a new shield badge for the network icon to indicate the VPN status, and Voice Access introduces a redesigned in-app help page.
Changes and fixes for build 22624.1465
On Windows 11 build 22624.1465, the development team is adding a glanceable VPN status into the system tray when connected to a recognized VPN profile. The VPN icon, a small shield, will be overlayed in your system accent color over the active network connection.
The redesigned in-app help page in voice access introduced with build 22624.1391 now includes all commands and supplementary information accurately.
The Touch Keyboard settings replace the “Show the touch keyboard when there’s no keyboard attached” with a new settings menu with three options (Never, When no keyboard attached, and Always) to control whether tapping an edit control should launch the touch keyboard.
- Never – suppresses the touch keyboard even when no hardware keyboard is attached.
- When no keyboard attached – will show the touch keyboard only when the device is used as a tablet without the hardware keyboard.
- Always – will show the touch keyboard even when the hardware keyboard is attached.
Also, the company is experimenting with some changes that will allow you to easily type popular words in Simplified Chinese. The changes include an improved cloud suggestion and an integrated search suggestion. The cloud suggestion adds the most relevant word from Bing to the IME candidate window.
Changes and fixes for build 22624.1465 and 22621.1465
For both releases, you will find the following improvements:
- This update implements phase three of Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) hardening.
- This update addresses an issue that affects a computer account and Active Directory. When you reuse an existing computer account to join an Active Directory domain, joining fails.
Install build 22624.1465
To download and install the Windows 11 build 22624.1465, enroll your device in the Beta Channel using the “Windows Insider Program” settings from the “Update & Security” section.
Once you enroll the computer in the program, you can download build 22624.1465 from the “Windows Update” settings by clicking the Check for Updates button. However, you will need a device that meets the minimum system requirements to receive the update if you are new to the Windows Insider Program. If the device receives build 22621.1465, you can check again for updates to download build 22624.1465.