Microsoft is now rolling out Windows 10 16353 for PCs enrolled in the Fast ring using the Skip Ahead option in the Windows Insider Program. You’ll notice that the build number has jumped ahead to 163xx, and this is because this test version of Windows 10 is available through the RS_PRERELEASE branch, and it’s part of the Redstone 4 update that comes after the Fall Creators Update.
If you didn’t change your settings to start testing the Redstone 4 update before the Fall Creators Update is release, then you’ll not be getting this build. However, once the upcoming fall update becomes available, anyone who is part of the Windows Insider Program will be able to download builds for the Redstone 4 update coming in 2018 as usual.
On Windows 10 build 16353, according to Microsoft, doesn’t include new features or big improvements, instead it only includes a handful of fixes and small changes.
What’s new on Windows 10 build 16353
Some of these new changes and fixes include:
- Action Center using dark option the “clear all”, “expand”/”collapse”, and “see more” link text will now all use your accent color.
- Action Center to now support a two-finger touch gesture to dismiss all notifications. (Place two fingers vertically within the Action Center near the edge opposite to the side of your screen. Then slide these fingers towards the side of the screen.)
- Fixed an issue in XAML resulting in text animations appearing slightly blurry.
- Addressed problem that caused minimized per-monitor DPI aware windows to miss DPI changes and end up with a mix of DPI scaling upon restoring.
- Fixed an issue resulting in progress wheels on certain websites in Microsoft Edge unexpectedly moving out of place during their rotation.
- Addressed problem resulting in the taskbar being unexpectedly thick if you booted up the PC while plugged in to an external monitor with a different DPI.
- Fixed an issue where when Slideshow was enabled resuming from sleep a second time might place the Lock screen in a state where it couldn’t be dismissed without pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del.
- Addressed problem where the Windows Hello strings would appear on top of the page when performing a pin reset from the login screen.
How to download Windows 10 build 16353
Microsoft is listing the complete set of fixes for Windows 10 Insider build 16353 at the Windows Blog. In case you missed it, you can read all the changes for Windows 10 build 16278 in this article.
You can also follow these resources:
Windows 10 build 16353 for PC is available immediately through the Fast ring. The Insider preview build will download and install automatically on your device, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.