Microsoft is now rolling out Windows 10 build 17728 for testers with devices enrolled in the Fast ring of the Windows Insider Program. This is the twenty first preview that releases as part of the Redstone 5 development, and it’s a minor update as all the features planned for version 1809 are already part of the operating system, and the company is currently working in finalizing the update for its September or October rollout.
Windows 10 Insider Preview build 17728, according to the software giant introduces a number of improvements for Narrator and improves scaling logic for applications when the screen changes DPI.
Windows 10 build 17728
Here are the changes included in the latest Redstone 5 preview of Windows 10 coming later this year:
As part of Easy of Access, Narrator is getting a number of improvements, including reliability and:
- Scan Mode: Reading and navigating, and selecting text, while in Scan Mode have been improved.
- Keyboard command changes: The keystroke to move to beginning of text has changed to Narrator + B (was Narrator + Control + B), Move to end of text has changed to Narrator + E (was Narrator + Control + E).
- Move Next, Move Previous, and Change View: When changing view to either characters, words, lines or paragraphs the Read Current Item command will read the text of that specific view type more reliably.
- QuickStart: The link in settings to relaunch the QuickStart should now reliably be working and will launch from the very first Welcome page.
- Providing Feedback: The keystroke to provide feedback has changed. The new keystroke is Narrator + Alt + F. This will work both in the Standard and Legacy layouts.
- Braille: Improved usage of Braille commanding when using the Narrator key from the braille display.
- Note: The Legacy layout also allows you to use Narrator + E to send us feedback.
Alongside the announcement, Microsoft is also teasing new features coming the “Your Phone” app coming in future builds.
Download Windows 10 build 17728
Although there are no ISO files for Windows 10 build 17728, the update is available immediately through the Fast ring for PCs. This preview build will download and install automatically on your device, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button. (You can learn how to join the Windows Insider Program on this video.)
You can also check out these resources: