Microsoft is now rolling out Windows 10 build 18890 for devices enrolled in the Fast ring of the Windows Insider Program. This is the tenth previews releasing to testers as part of the 20H1 development arriving in 2020.
Windows 10 build 18890, according to the company, is a minor update with several fixes and improvements, including fix for an error 0x800f0982 if a language pack update was happening at the same time. The flight also fixes audio related problems, addresses a networking sharing issue while in Safe mode, and it fixes a keyboard problem.
If you’re not familiar, Friendly Dates was a new option to show dates in a friendly conversational format. For example, “5 hours ago,” instead of “1/2/2019 1:15 PM.”
Also, the company points out that build 18890 has some known issues, including:
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly.
- If you use remote desktop to connect to an enhanced session virtual machine, taskbar search results will not be visible (just a dark area) until you restart searchui.exe.
- There’s a noticeable lag when dragging the emoji and dictation panels.
- Tamper Protection may be turned off in Windows Security after updating to this build.
- Some features on Start Menu and in All apps are not localized in languages such as FR-FR, RU-RU, and ZH-CN.
- Scrolling with the mouse wheel or touchpad may stop working in certain places after upgrading.
Download Windows 10 build 18890
Although there are no ISO files for Windows 10 build 18890, the update is available immediately through the Fast ring. This preview build will download and install automatically on your device, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and clicking the Check for updates button.
You can also check out these resources:
- Windows 10 version 2003 (20H1): All the new features
- Windows 10 version 1903, May 2019 Update: All the new features
- Windows 10 version release history tracker