Here is the fix for those Windows 8 apps that will not open on click.
In Windows 8 Developer Preview many users are having the issue that when they click an app tile, for those new immersive Metro designed full-screen apps, nothing will happen — they will not launched. This behavior occurs when having a screen resolution that doesn’t meet the minimum requirements to launch applications in the Modern UI, which it should be 1024×768 and higher.
You can change your screen resolution by going to the Control Panel, selecting More Settings, and then selecting Display when the Desktop Control Panel comes up. If your device does not support resolutions of 1024×768 or higher, you can always connect the device to an external monitor that is capable of those resolutions.
Make sure that your machine meets the minimum requirements:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch