Windows 10 Mobile build 14327 is now rolling to Insiders through the Fast ring of updates. The new preview, part of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (also known as the Redstone update), arrives just a few days after the company made available build 14322.
Unlike the previous release, Windows 10 Mobile build 14327 is a minor update that includes only one new feature, but it also expands Cortana to more regions, and fixes a good number of bugs.
Messaging everywhere preview
The most significant feature with build 14327 is addition of the first preview for Messaging everywhere, which is a new feature on the Messaging app that allows users to send and receive text messages from your phone directly from your Windows 10 computer. (Here’s how you send and receive SMS texts using your PC.)
Cortana in more languages
Starting with Windows 10 Mobile build 14327, Microsoft is beginning to make Cortana available in more languages, including Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese (Brazil) and French (Canada) for Mobile.
Fixes on Windows 10 Mobile build 14327
Here is a list of fixes, Microsoft is announcing with this new preview of Windows 10:
- Fixed screen may not turn on, becomes unresponsive, and Windows Hello will stop working when using the power button to lock/unlock your device quickly.
- Fixed issues with emjoi and crashing apps, such as the case of the Facebook Messenger.
- Fixed issue with tethering using Bluetooth.
- Fixed problem with Language and Speech packs downloads.
- Fixed auto-correction logic.
- Glance screen has been updated to reflect Easy of Access text scaling.
Known issues for Windows 10 Mobile build 14327
- Duplicate apps under All apps.
- Some apps get stuck in the Store, which you can quickly fix by pausing the download and tapping resume all.
- Camera app still crashing.
- Some apps, such as Tweetium will not launch.
- You may see square box on some apps when using the new emoji.
- Mobile data could stop working but still showing as connected.
- Glance on/off setting is not respected after updating to a new build.
Windows 10 Mobile build 14327 is available immediately through the Fast ring of updates. The update will download automatically, but you can always force the install by going to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and tapping the Check for updates button.
Have you tried the new Messaging Everywhere feature? If so, tell us your experience in the comments below.